The Santa Fe National Forest (SFNF) will host Open Houses to give the public the opportunity to talk with Forest Service specialists about the Forest Plan under revision.
There is no presentation or agenda for the Open Houses. They are instead an informal opportunity for you to ask questions and for us to share information about the revision of the Forest Plan, the comprehensive document that will guide management of all forest resources for 10 to 15 years.
This is a chance to share the progress made since the public meetings on Forest Plan Alternatives and Management Areas in March 2017. In previous Open Houses, table topics focused on resource areas, but the upcoming Open Houses will focus on planning topics including Alternatives, Geographic Areas, Management Areas, Monitoring, Wilderness, and Wild and Scenic Rivers. Forest Plan and District specialists will be available to answer questions on resource areas or Forest Planning more generally. Below is the Open House schedule for 2018:
- Monday, February 26 (1:30pm-4:00pm) – Walatowa Visitor Center, 7413 NM-4, Jemez Pueblo, NM 87024
- Tuesday, March 20 (1:30pm-4:00pm) – Santa Fe National Forest, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87508
- Monday, March 26 (1:30pm-4:00pm) – Sandoval County Fairgrounds, 37 Rodeo Rd, Cuba, NM 87013
- Monday, April 16 (10:00am-12:00pm) – Mesa Public Library, Rooms 2 & 3, 3rd Floor, 2400 Central Ave, Los Alamos, NM 87544
- Monday, April 16 (1:30pm-4:00pm) – Española Library, Conference Room, 313 N Paseo De Onate, Española, NM 87532
- Monday, May 14 (9:00am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-4:00pm) – Extended Open House May 14th for you to have more time and more in-depth discussions about Plan Revision topics
- Santa Fe National Forest, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87508
- Tuesday, May 15 (1:30pm-4:00pm) – Coyote Ranger District, State Hwy 96, Drive 1707, Coyote, NM 87012
- Wednesday, June 20 (1:30pm-4:00pm) – Tentatively
- Pecos High Sch, School Board Rm, 28 Panther Pkwy, Hwy 63 N Pecos, NM 87552
- Thursday, July 19 (1:30pm-4:00pm) – Santa Fe NF, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87508
Below is the format for all of our Open Houses:
- There will not be a presentation or an agenda at the Open Houses. It is a casual opportunity to engage with Forest Service specialists about Forest Plan Revision.
- You can arrive any time, stay for as little or long as you like, and can circulate among Forest Service specialists discussing various resources.
- Open Houses are not part of a comment period so we will not be recording public comments, but specialists may take informal notes during conversations.
- We will bring our current work to share with you and answer your questions, but we will be reviewing pre-draft material which will not be made available to the public either as a handout or on our website. This is an informal, intermediary step. We will bring handouts from previous public meetings, which are available on our website, and there will be opportunities later for public comment on draft work products.
We look forward to your continued involvement.